When it comes to affordable entry level hosting for WordPress, very few can offer quality at the nominal price. In the past I have reviewed & shared about Hostgator, Bluehost & almost 8 months back I started using a popular shared hosting company call Siteground.
What I liked about Siteground is their in-house technology & caching system. Their homepage says “Web-hosting crafted with care” which actually is true, as you will be amazed with the features they offer in their shared hosting account. Advanced users can use their Pre-installed GIT & staging feature, where as a WordPress blogger can take advantage of their Supercacher technology to speed up your site by 4X. It’s a non EIG hosting and after using it for months, I could say the support on Siteground is par excellent.
Their pricing is industry standard & you can get started with their unlimited hosting plan Growbig for as low as $7.95/month.
Once you have purchased the hosting, follow this hands on guide to learn installing WordPress blog.
Get Siteground hosting with discounted price (One free domain included)
I would recommend you to buy their GrowBig plan (The best plan with reasonable price). This is the same plan which I use for myself.
Now, Read on this detailed step-by-step tutorial which will let you install WordPress blog on Siteground hosting.
In this detailed tutorial, you will learn how to install WordPress on Siteground hosting.
Guide to Setup WordPress Blog on SiteGround Hosting
- Login to your Siteground hosting panel and click on My accounts
- On My accounts page click on Access cPanel
- Under cPanel look for Autoinstallers tab
- Sitergound let you install WordPress using Softaculous. You can click on WordPress to directly start installing WordPress on your domain.
- On the next screen, click on Install to start the process of installing WordPress.
- The next screen is straight forward and you need to select domain where you want to install WordPress. I would recommend you to use non www to install WordPress. (www doesn’t add any value these days + it keeps your domain name short).
- Click on proceed and it would take about one minute for Softaculous to install WordPress on your selected domain.
- Once you see the confirmation screen saying “Congratulations, the software was installed successfully”, you can login to your newly installed WordPress blog Admin dashboard.
Before you start blogging, I would recommend you to configure few basics settings which I have listed blow.
Do let me know how you like this guide for installing WordPress on SIteground hosting? Which hosting plan are you using? Do share this getting started with WordPress guide with your friends who want to start a blog of their own.